- Perimenopause is the period that precludes menopause.
- Perimenopause can have many of the same symptoms as the actual menopause stage.
- The period known as perimenopause is the stage at which a woman’s body starts to produce less and less estrogen.
- The decline of estrogen in perimenopause can last from a few months to many years, and every woman is different in perimenopause.
- The age of perimenopause can vary greatly; however, it is most likely to occur when a woman is in her mid-40s to mid-50s. This, of course, is not definitive.
- Perimenopause can be distressing on a more long-term basis as the estrogen starts to deplete and causes classic symptoms such as weight gain, hot flashes, and disturbed sleeping patterns.
The perimenopause stage can be one of the most grueling experiences for a woman before she gets to menopause.
Perimenopause can often be mistaken for the actual event of menopause as it flags up many of the same symptoms as the actual menopause, such as hot flashes, unexplained weight gain, and sleep disturbances.
Every woman’s experience of perimenopause is entirely different. Still, in all cases, the start of the change is almost always triggered by the gradual depletion of the hormone estrogen.
Of course, many factors can influence the onset of perimenopause. Sometimes, this is not always due to the natural depletion of estrogen. Perimenopause can be determined by:
- Vigorous treatments for disease
- Severe illness or disease
- Environmental factors
There is, unfortunately, no real determining factor on how long perimenopause will last; it can be a few months, or it can be a few years, but it will always end when the levels of estrogen rapidly drop. The ovary no longer releases eggs as a result, which will be the start of menopause.
So how do we make perimenopause the most positive experience it can be? Let’s have a look.
- Consume A Healthy Diet – If there is any time of life where women need to concentrate on their diet, it is during perimenopause. Your body will be going through many physical, chemical, and hormonal changes. It is vital to give your body everything it could need to function optimally and reduce the severity of some of the symptoms of perimenopause.
You also need to be mindful of foods that may accelerate and enhance the symptoms of menopause, including:
Processed convenience foods
- Take Perimenopause Supplements – Supplements that are designed for perimenopause are a significant consideration to ensure you are receiving everything your changing body needs to support its overall health and vitality.
Perimenopausal supplements, such as Amberen, are designed specifically for your body and mind’s changing needs during a time where things are changing rapidly. They contain a delicate balance of essential vitamins, minerals, and clinically researched ingredients that will support your changing needs and reduce the signs and symptoms of perimenopause, making the experience more bearable and positive.
- Reach And Maintain A Healthy Weight – Along with ensuring you have the best diets and exercise routine in perimenopause, there is also a consideration to reach and maintain a healthy weight as part of your healthy lifestyle.
Carrying excess weight in perimenopause may induce some surprising symptoms, such as:
Excessive stress on changing joints
Exacerbation of hot flashes and overheating
Cause body confidence issues in a body that is changing
Make skin complaints and conditions more likely if you are overweight in perimenopause
Increase the chances of more weight going on
So losing excess weight in a sustainable and controlled way will make it easier to maintain that weight loss and leave you at a healthy weight, making perimenopause a more positive experience.
- Take Moderate Exercise – We all know that exercise is helpful to include in a healthy lifestyle;however, during perimenopause, it may reduce the instances and severity of hot flashes by increasing the blood flow and regulating the core temperature.
Exercise in perimenopause can also assist with the mobilization of your joints, which may reduce the pain and inflammation you may experience due to the change in hormones and the degeneration of the joints.
- Talk About Your Sexual Issues – Some of the most surprising changes in perimenopause are the changes in sexual behavior and desire. This is absolutely nothing to worry about and can easily be discussed with your doctor about how you can improve things.
Perimenopause may cause:
A decline in your sexual desire (libido)
A dislike for intimacy or contact
You are going off your partner
All of these things can be made into positives when we embrace the changes that are happening, including our top-rated menopause supplements in a daily routine, and speak up about the hidden aspects of perimenopause.
You will undoubtedly find that you are not the only person with these sexual health issues. It is crucial to seek support if these affect your relationship or mental health.
Perimenopause is an inevitable part of a woman’s life. Still, it can be something that is experienced differently by every woman in the world.
Given its unpredictability, perimenopause can last for months or even years before the big event, menopause, and this time can be one of the most confusing and changeable times in a woman’s life.
The estrogen levels in your body can give you so many symptoms that can be mistaken for menopause, such as unexplained weight gain, thinning hair, and changing joint anatomy.
The best thing you can do during the period of perimenopause is adapt to a healthy lifestyle that will inevitably give your body everything it needs to course through the changes.
Taking top-rated menopause supplements may help reduce the instances and severity of some of the symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes and fatigue.
Getting to and maintaining a healthy weight will be beneficial for reducing your menopause symptoms too.