We live in a world where the Internet is not a luxury anymore, instead; it has become the need of modern times. From shopping for groceries or clothing to getting your tests done online, we have made technology a crucial part of our lives.
Almost all leading digital healthcare companies have allowed their patients to complete their tests online, winning their trust because of high-end services. Although ordering your lab test has always been one click away, the awareness about the healthcare industry due to fast internet access has boosted the momentum of online lab testing.
Some impactful reasons online lab testing has gained popularity are:
1. Lower Lab Costs
What’s better than getting your tests done online, that too, with lower costs?
This is probably the biggest reason why people have shifted towards online lab testing as it fits their budget along with quality lab service.
2. Personal Interest in Health Care
The internet has educated people about their health care conditions, making them more cautious of every single change in their bodies. This has sprung up on their increasing involvement in personal health care management.
3. Highly Effective and Convenient
In online lab testing, there is no doctor-patient relation as everything happens directly with no third-party intervention. Secondly, clinical labs don’t allow you to order tests on your own, but that doesn’t happen in online testing.
You can easily pick the test you want by selecting any package that suits your needs.
4. Completely Confidential
These tests are kept completely confidential, which is the reason more and more people are relying on online lab testing. A fast, accurate and private testing route is no doubt everybody’s priority.
After the passage of the time mentioned on the tests, the results are sent to the customers through mail, keeping their privacy intact.
5. Regular Health Checkups
Although the major focus of the health care labs is people who might suffer from any disease or pain. However, it’s equally important for a healthy person to get their test regularly to check the level of minerals, blood count, and many other important aspects.
Online lab testing companies have made it easier to push people to chase their health goals and live better lives.
6. Improved Health Literacy
One of the prime reasons for the massive popularity of online lab testing is improved health literacy. People are fully aware of their needs, thus high engagement of patients and doctors is witnessed.
Health literacy has allowed people to fulfill their health choices and choose the option that improves their wellness.
Benefits of online lab testing
- There is no concept of sitting in the waiting area or booking an appointment. It’s a hassle-free process where you don’t need to schedule your visit to hospitals in a busy routine.
- The online transaction has made it more convenient than ever to book an appointment! This means easily paying your laboratory bills and other allied charges without even stepping outside your house.
- In case of canceling your test online, you can just do it right away with a few clicks rather than connecting to customer service at the hospitals through telephone calls.
- Every online test laboratory has a customer review section that helps others to decide whether they should go with it or not. By reading the testimonials from other customers, you get a better idea of how professional they are
- There are a bunch of amazing discounts listed on many online lab testing websites. You can easily check Cura4U lab tests to avail of the opportunity and get benefits out of it.
- No need to travel to rely on any other person to book your tests when you can do it by yourself online according to your feasibility.
Examples of Lab Tests
In a blood test, a sample of the blood is used to evaluate the cell count, infections and diseases, clotting, abnormalities, and other deficiencies that may cause some serious health concerns.
- Some examples of lab tests include;
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Lipid panel
- The blood sugar level in blood
- Hemoglobin A1C
- Basic metabolic panel (BMP)
A urine test is one of the most effective ways to diagnose various diseases of the human body.
This may include:
- Urine samples and drug tests
- Pregnancy test
- Rapid urine test
Online lab tests are an incredibly convenient and cost-effective solution for people who find it difficult to book their appointments and visit diagnostic centers frequently. Cura4U’s online doctor consultations can also guide you throughout the process and suggest what’s best for you.
It is also important to know that testing is just a first step towards diagnosing a disease. Therefore, clinical checkups must be done properly once you’re done with testing as it’s the right way to treat your disease rather than relying on the findings of the test.